Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Birthday, Florence!

How I met Florence? I got to know her when I was in Form 6. Attending Form 6 was a nightmare to me at that moment, not to mention the orientation part! However, there was one particular classmate of mine who always carried a big bright smile whenever I saw her. She shared to me her experience of living away from home, how she had to eat "babi ber-carrot" (pork cooked with carrot) everyday and how she missed home... As a person who had never left home before, I admired her. I love her stories! After a few months, I got an offer from a polytechnic and left Form 6 but I still kept in touch with Florence by writing letters. How amazing, right? We didn't have any mobile phones, email addresses or FB last time but we still managed to keep in touch!

When we entered the mobile phones era, she was studying in Penang while I was in Malacca. I remember I called her once and while talking to her, I could hear the sound of water running from the water tap and the brushing sound. I jokingly asked Florence - You can't be washing toilets as part-time eh? She answered - Eh, I am really washing toilet as part-time now! How do you know that? I was like - OMG! That was so hilarious! Haha. 



Several years ago, I gave Florence some roses cupcakes as birthday gift. To my surprise, she didn't eat the cupcakes! She kept them inside the fridge! She said she couldn't bear to eat the beautiful cupcakes. So this year, I decided to make her cakes that she can keep forever :)


Mini birthday cake covered with roses in different shades of purple


Mini mini cakes to go along with the mini birthday cake


Since the mini birthday cake is already in darker shade, I made these mini mini cakes in brighter colours.



Mini birthday cake with mini mini cakes


Ready to go into the casing!


Inside the casing


Happy birthday, Florence!

No comments:

Post a Comment