Thursday, October 25, 2012

Japanese Ramen Set, Anyone?

In my personal Facebook account, I uploaded pics of my clay miniature journey since day 1. I have mini display cabinets of which I am trying to fill them up with mini yummy foodie. For the time being, I have already filled up 2 mini display cabinets with cakes and assorted desserts. So, when it comes to my third mini display cabinet I decided to make Japanese food.


Gin's Mini Japanese Restaurant was officially opened some time ago but there was not much progress. The reason is that I have underestimated the toughness of making mini Japanese food. We all know that most Japanese cuisines involve rice and noodles. I attempted to make some Japanese rice balls.



Honestly, I kinda regretted for starting the Japanese food project. I am so sick of rolling rice grains!


While I was busy making plaques for my customers, I was thinking what other Japanese cuisines that don't involve rice. I suddenly remember the mini ramen that I have made some time ago.


Why not making some side dishes to make a mini ramen set?


Finally, I decided to make some gyoza to go along with my long-abandoned ramen. The above is the gyoza skin.



The caramel brown clay is the meat and the green clay is the veggie/spring onion. Delicious fillings huh? Haha.



Pan-fried gyoza with charred bottom. Yum yum... I also attempted to make my own plates and cup by using FIMO marble effect clay. Gosh... No wonder people charge so high for the readymade plates and cups. It's no easy job to make one!



Finally, my ramen set is formed.


My ramen set consists of a bowl of ramen (of course), a pair of chopsticks, a spoon, saucer with soy sauce, cup with green tea and a plate of pan-fried gyoza.



The close-up of my gyoza - Can you see the veggie/spring onion from the semi translucent gyoza skin? Haha. 



A buddy told me she likes my ramen set a lot and asked me to sell it to her. I told her it's not meant for sale as it's part of my own mini collection but she kept asking me to sell to her... Haiz... What to do... She is my best buddy... I have to bid farewell with my love... My beloved ramen set - You will always be remembered *sob sob*

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is superb that Gin using her big big hands making the small small bowl of Ajisen ramen in tasty broth and braised egg! Yum~ Yum~ Glad to grab away the ramen set from her. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha... I hope there will be no more people begging me to sell my minis to them. Anyway, hope you will like it :)

    ReplyDelete